Sunday, February 18, 2018

Week 7 and OwlCrateAThon: Read

I hadn't planned any readathon other than #AYearAThon and #Duodecathon this month, but then all of a sudden OwlCrate made their readathon happening this month as well. And I really wanted to join in on that, because one of my goals this year is to finish my OwlCrate backlist. So, I put my February TBR on hold and did the OwllCrateAThon.

For this readathon there was some challenges:
  • Read the oldest unread OwlCrate book you own
  • Read two OwlCrate books
  • Read two different genres

So, I started with Three Dark Crowns which was my oldest unread one. And why haven't I read this before? It was so good! Wow. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and need to read the rest of the books in this series! The next book I read had to differ in genre, so I found a contemporary one, Eliza and Her Monsters. This was also a really enjoyable book. So, two really good books from OwlCrate read and finished this week. And I finished all the challenges! Yay!

This week's happy mail.
I got around to reading a graphic novel this week as well. I'm supposed to read one every week, but some weeks I read more than one, and some weeks I don't read any. This week's graphic novel was Archie vol. 2, and I don't think I like this series. Need to try one more to find out.

On Sunday I started reading The Color Purple by Alice Walker for the #Duodecathon challenge "A book with a great first line". 

Books read:

  • Kendare Blake: Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • Francesca Zappia: Eliza and Her Monsters
  • Archie vol. 2

Total pages read this week: 978
Books read: 3

Which book subscription box do you think is the best? Let me know in the comments!
/menenia

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

#24in48: Starting and TBR

I'm doing the #24in48 readathon once again. It's the readathon where the goal is to read for 24 hours in a 48 hours timeframe. S...